Teignmouth Poetry Festival 2019
- Poems may be on any subject, must be the original work of the entrant, unpublished and not accepted for publication in any medium. They must not have been awarded a prize in any other competition.
- Poems should be in English and not exceed 35 lines of text, no minimum. Titles, epigraphs, dedications and blank lines are not included in the line count.
- Poems must be typed on a single side of A4.
- Each poem must be on a separate page, which must not bear the author’s name or any other mark by which the author could be identified.
- Postal Entries - Two copies of each poem are required, accompanied by a completed postal entry form. One entry form may cover multiple poems.
- Online entries – please submit word document or pdf via the online entry form.
- There is no restriction on the number of poems that may be submitted, provided the appropriate entry fee is included.
- Poems entered will not be returned – keep a copy for yourself.
- Each poet can only win one prize.
- Copyright will remain with the author, but the organisers reserve the right to publish any of the prizewinning poems as they deem appropriate.
- Once entered, poems may not be amended.
- The awards will be announced at the festival on Saturday, 23rd March 2019. The short-listed poets will be notified in advance and invited to read their poems.
- The results of the competitions and prize winning poems will be published on www.poetryteignmouth.com
- The Open Competition judge will read ALL the entries. The LOCAL competition judge will read all eligible entries.
- Judges’ decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The festival reserves the right to change the judge/s if the need arises.
- In exceptional circumstances the organisers reserve the right to return poems and entry fees.
- The judges and festival organisers are not eligible to enter the competitions.
- POEMS MUST BE RECEIVED BY MIDNIGHT on 31st JANUARY 2019.